Your Life, Your Choice for Worcestershire is full of adult social care information and advice about how people can stay well and independent – and plan for their long-term future.
The website helps people find out about support available in the community, and about all kinds of care services for older people and adults with disabilities.
To go to the web page either click on the graphic on the right or click here.
Working out your needs – Advice from Worcestershire County Council
If you don’t know where to start, it is recommended that you follow these steps in planning the appropriate care for you or someone you represent:
- If you are not sure what you want, browse the information and advice available first to find out more information about what is available to help you decide your next step.
- Use the Contact Assessment or Carer’s Assessment to help identify the total extent of needs that may benefit from advice and support. Alternatively you may wish to submit a Professional Referral.
- Optionally, take the financial assessment, which, should you be eligible for care and support from Worcestershire County Council, will work out what you will have to contribute towards the total cost of your care.
- Depending on your initial assessment, it is recommended that advice and local services in the directory may help you and carry out a further, more detailed assessment with the Council, in agreement with you.
- If you already know what you are looking for, you can go straight to the eMarketplace to buy services. Don’t forget that there are many ways to address a care need – the information and advice may be able to suggest more affordable ways to support living independently for longer.