Please see the following video update from Dr John, GP Partner.
If you have problems viewing the video the following transcript message is set out below:-
KEMPSEY SURGERY UPDATE FROM DR JOHN ON BEHALF OF THE PRACTICE:
- All surgeries are working differently to how general practice has ever had to be delivered before we wanted to take this opportunity to share with our patients what is currently happening at the surgery.
- We want to reassure you all and remind patients that our services and team are still accessible and here to help by calling the surgery or accessing our Online consult forms on the website.
- We are making contact with patients using remote consulting, often over the phone but also using secure video consultation links.
- The practice is looking at new ways to remotely support patients with long term chronic health conditions so we can continue to proactively and safely manage your needs.
- Acute ‘non-covid-19’ related health problems will still be occurring for our patients and it is important that you let us know about these so that they can be managed properly.
- National screening and immunisation schedules are still being adhered to and offered to patients by invitation. However, we are currently awaiting further information with regards to smear samples as we cannot send them on to the laboratory at present so as a practice we are unable to book patients in but we will be actively contacting ladies that are due or overdue a smear when this is available once again.
- COVID-19 positive and symptomatic patients are being seen by our clinical staff at a different site and we are able to refer to local remote monitoring service in order to support patients when necessary.
- We have safe and robust provisions in place for patients that do still require face to face appointments, our clinicians are wearing full PPE and temperatures for patients visiting the site are being checked before you are able to enter the building, these appointments are held at our main Haresfield site within Turnpike House Medical Centre and not at Kempsey surgery for the time being.
- We continue to deliver a dispensing delivery service by the team and this is support patients and to prevent anyone from having to attend the surgery, patients can still call and speak to the Kempsey team about appointments and prescription queries.
- Patients who have been identified as needing to shield at home can still attend the practices and also given a mask to wear for their own additional protection.
- If you are shielding then please do look on our website for useful links and information for local support that is available, there is the national Sam App for voluntary assistance and support and you can speak to a member of our reception team if you need further information or are unable to access the online resources.
- We are constantly receiving national guidance and updates and so as a practice we will continue to work safely and effectively in line with these to help our patients and as a result the current arrangements may change again but we will continue update patients.
TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE
Government website for patients to use to find out what help they can get if affected by coronavirus.
Service has information about:-
- feeling unsafe
- going in to work
- paying bills or being unemployed
- getting food
- having somewhere to live
- mental health and wellbeing.
Service is available to all patients seeking advice and guidance on the above topics.